Don’t you hate it when you order clothing online and it doesn’t fit. We all do. It’s frustrating AND disappointing. Wouldn’t it be great if every brand used to same sizing guidelines, but sadly that is far from the reality.
If you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy, and the wild card is fit. To that end, we want to provide you with the right information to help you get the perfect fit. Instead of factory measurements that are typically standard across all garment production, we have included actual garment measurements on each product page. Yes, we measure every garment in every size!
Grab a measuring tape and take some measurements and compare with the product measurements!
How to measure? Well, you can take your own measurements OR take a favorite garment from your closet and measure it.
• Bust: Place one end of tape measure at the fullest part of your bust, from there, wrap the tape around your body keeping it parallel to the floor.
• Waist: You want to find your natural waistline which is the narrowest part of your waist, above your belly button but below your rib cage.
• Hip : you want to measure the fullest part of your hips, right around the buttocks.
Once you have your measurements, it is useful to consider the silhouette of the garment. There are basic silhouettes in our product assortment. Understanding them will help you understand how the garment should fit.
• Body hugging: linen being a natural fiber, doesn’t lend itself to any body hugging. So not to worry about that one.
• Body skimming: think column dress or shift, the garment skims the body.
• Relaxed Fit: designed with a little more room and ease of movement.
• Wrap: The wrap silhouette is a little more forgiving when it comes to fit since by design, the waist can be adjusted to some extent.
• Oversize: designed to be worn loose and flowing and lets face it, super comfortable!
Each Tallulah Freelove linen garment is handmade by a single seamstress from start to finish - pure and simple. With no mass manufacturing involved, quantities of each item are limited.